Cult Film Series – The Phantom of the Opera
Join TempleLive Masonic Cleveland on Saturday, October 24, 2020, for a very special showing of the original 1925 silent horror classic, “Phantom of the Opera”, with live musical accompaniment from the Western Reserve Theater Organ Society, performed on the Masonic Cleveland’s house Wurlitzer theater pipe organ.
The historic and haunting 100-year-old halls of the Masonic Cleveland, coupled with its breathtaking ornate design and fine acoustics are sure to make this a memorable Halloween season experience.
The 1925 silent horror film “Phantom of the Opera” stars Lon Chaney as the Phantom who haunts the Paris Opera House. The story has become a modern classic thanks to the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical of the same name; however, the silent film was extremely popular in the 1920s, grossing over $2 million at the box office in 1925.
The Masonic Cleveland’s pipe organ is rare, a completely original Wurlitzer Opus, built-in 1924, and it shipped from The Granada Theatre in Santa Barbara, CA. In the early 20th century, thousands of these gigantic pipe organs were installed in movie theaters, with few remaining throughout the country today.
Full bar and concessions available with drink specials until 10pm.
For the safety of all guests, a very limited number of tickets will be sold. (seats available: 275 | normal theater capacity: 1890.)
Doors: 5pm | Show: 6pm
Brief 10-minute intermission during the film
Tickets: $12.50 each + Ticketmaster processing fees.
PLEASE NOTE: TempleLive COVID Policy
– Limited tickets will be sold
– 275 tickets available, Normal theater capacity 1890
– Seating will be socially distanced between parties minimum of 6
– Masks will be required at all times excluding drinking & snacking in your seat
– Guest and staff temperatures are taken at entry
– Hand sanitizer stations located all around the venue
– Theaters will be properly cleaned before and after each double-feature showing
Masonic Cleveland – Temple Live
3615 Euclid Ave
Cleveland, Oh 44115